Thursday, August 09, 2007

good day, having a

I don't specifically have anything to write about today, but I just woke up feeling really really good. This hasn't happened in just about forever so is definitely cause for jubilation.

A quirky thought for the day. I just got out of a meeting with some librarians regarding a project we're collaborating on. A few of them are very much "theory" thinkers and put together this gigantic mind map to be the architecture of our project. When I received it in e-mail I couldn't even figure out how to read the darned thing. What turned out to be an excel document of 12 printed pages would have taken me all of 8 lines to write down. God I love librarians. :-)

3 comments:

Dying Dodo said...

Makes me smile!

Mike said...

Always good to wake up with more Happy than you have reason to understand.

As a theory person AND a librarian, I'm both amused and troubled by your anecdote (but mostly amused, because even though I've never generated an excel doc longer than half a page, I have colleagues... ;-)

LittlestPenguin said...

Librarians do tend to tend to find the most complex ways to keep things nice and organized... not that we archivists are any better. :-D