Wednesday, August 22, 2007

stupid, cell phones being

Cell phones really are stupid. This morning I found out that my grandmother passed away and that my mom was unable to reach my sister. Her cell service gave a dumb message saying she could not be reached, but did not offer to allow me to leave a voicemail. Damn technology.

Right now I'm not really sure what to do. My parents are on their way home to get some rest after being up all night. If I go in to work I probably won't get anything done except just sit around with my mind wandering. I don't feel particularly sad or upset which irritates me. I feel like the appropriate thing to do is get emotional, but I just don't feel like it. So what, do I watch a movie now? Who knows. Maybe I'll go and get good and liquored up, I have a good excuse at any rate.

Once it's a little later I'm going to mow my lawn. I don't want to be that jerk that mows it first thing in the morning and wakes people up. I've hated that jerk for years. At my new place I'm completely responsible for yard care, ugh, that's something new to me. :-)

1 comment:

Dying Dodo said...

Getting all liquored up sounds good. As to how you should respond, there is not set way to respond. Each person deals with death differently and sometimes it is different with different people. I remember when my grandfather died, it was a relief. To me he had already been gone for a long time. Death can sometimes be a good thing depending on circumstances. Just give yourself time to deal with it.

Good call on waiting to mow the yard!;-)