Monday, August 20, 2007

scared, rain: nothing of which to be

We've been having really unusual weather here in Oregon. Typically we have a rain-free summer with at least a few weeks in the high 90s/low 100s. About a month ago we had a week of rain and beginning yesterday, rain again! Temperatures have also been quite mild, only a few days of low 90s and that's all.

Does this imply an extremely wet and harsh winter? I hope not. Well, and by harsh I mean maybe 6 inches of snow in the valley and temperatures actually dipping below freezing for more than 2 days at a time.

I picked up Gus from the kennel this morning (I had class in Portland for the weekend) and when we got home he guzzled a ton of water. A few hours later I was leaving for work, and since I moved, I won't be going home on my lunch breaks to let him out. I tried to get him to go out and go potty, but he would not stray from the dry safety right beside the house. I even attempted pushing him out into the rain and he reacted by glaring at me, then running behind me where it was dry. When I get home we'll see if he was able to hold a whole bowl of water for 9 hours...

1 comment:

Dying Dodo said...

Well here's hoping he can. Rain, is good, we've had quite a bit of it latley.