Wednesday, March 21, 2007

desk, strange things on my

So yesterday I come in to work and find a green "W.W.J.D." bracelet on my desk. I'm not really sure how I should take this. It could be a joke from one of my student employees, but it could also be some sort of helpful "message." Really folks, I'm beyond the help of a W.W.J.D. bracelet.

Today I come in and find a gallon-sized ziploc bag of....pasty-looking goo on my desk. I was very confused. At first again, I thought this was a joke. Then realized it was a starter for one of those Amish Friendship Bread social experiments from hell. The instructions and recipe were underneath it. (my desk is more than a bit cluttered, so it was difficult to realize that there was a new piece of paper).

I'm curious if tomorrow will bring a new bit of something waiting on my desk. Perhaps it'll be a bloody horse head.

5 comments:

Dying Dodo said...

I think that I would be afraid to look at your desk tomorrow. :-)

Michael said...

Rest assured, there was nothing unusual found on my desk this morning....except work. ;-) Was hoping someone would steal that and replace it. I might prefer the bloody horse head at this point.

Dying Dodo said...

Oh well, sorry nobody took the work. ;-)

Mike said...

WWJD? Is that an acronym for "Who Would Jesus Do?" Because I'm pretty sure Dan Brown answered that one already...

On the other hand, if it's short for "Where Would Jesus Dance?" I'm guessing out on the Sea of Galilee, just to make another object lesson for poor Peter.

poliscipretndr said...

I tried to add you on myspace, but I am not sure on the spelling of your last name. So, this will have to suffice.

The Salem Design Group is Salem's first group for Salem's designers who wish to stay connected to the state's design pulse.

The Salem Design Group is just getting our sea-legs, but in the future we hope to evolve into a chamber of commerce or "secret society," of sorts— for area designers and the people who love them. But right now we are only a monthly discussion group that will meet every month in a bouillabaisse of creativity, business networking, and socializing. We're not for getting dates. We're not for schmoozing. (though, who are we to say these things CANT precipitate) We're for serious designers or those wanting to be serious or those who love them. We are for kick-ass design that has the potential to change the world or... at the least stir our sleepy-lil' worlds. Wanna join us?

We meet the second Thursday of every month at Boon's McMenamins— 6:00pm. Be there or, sadly, be square.

www.salemdesigngroup.com