Tuesday, January 30, 2007

pierced, things you should get

Below you'll find a handy picture of my new lip piercing. I'm pretty damn stoked about it. I don't have much else to write about, other than that I love it. This picture is from my camera phone, so isn't the greatest, but you get the idea.

It was a pretty fun process. My friend Kim wanted to get a few tattoos before she leaves on her international journey and I have been wanting to do my lip for awhile....so I recommended that we go to the place where I had my ears done, they also do tattoos. It turns out that the piercing folks split to a new location and still do tattoos too, but the old location has the original tattoo folks. Confusing, I know. So she went ahead and got her tattoos there and then we went to the new place and I got my lip done. [High Priestess Piercing and Tatoos] We were both immensely satisfied with our body modifications of the afternoon. I wasn't sure how the lip was going to hurt, the ears were virtually painless. The best way I can describe it is having someone else pop a really gnarly zit on your face. There really is almost a "pop" sensation when it pokes through. Exhilerating!!!

Hurray for us! :-)

8 comments:

Michael said...

On your myspace quiz, I think I bombed which kind of tattoo you have, what is it?

Apparently my parents aren't exactly thrilled, specifically my dad. I suppose it might be a bit too "gay" for him. Oh well. :-)

Mike said...

Congrats, dude! Metal and ink always look cool on other people (I did a little photoshop experiment once... not so good a look for an old, nerdy guy; like in high school, when I told my girlfriend I was thinking of getting a motorcycle, and she said "you mean a moped, don't ya?" Ouch!)

Anyway... it looks cool, and not at all gay (which I always thought was a sexual orientation and not a particular look; shows you what I know!)

Season, Greek tattoos?!?

Dying Dodo said...

Like it. As lng as you are happy with that is all that really matters. Parents adjust to most things eventually. I have had heard the term *gay* applied to a look but usually it means something pretty Nerdy (at least that's how we used to say it my day, remember old person). So I would say it definately does not look gay!

Michael said...

Slacker, are you sure you can't do ink and metal? Since I'm in library school, I certainly hope I qualify as a bit of a nerd, at the least, I consider myself one. I believe part of it is in the attitude of owning up to the body mods you've done. You couldn't accurately duplicate this in photoshop since you didn't actually have them.

Welll, to be true, using "gay" as an adjective is viewed as a rather negative action. I kind of did that on purpose, being that I am gay, I feel like I can throw it around all I like. You know, the whole minorities calling themselves names that no one else can use. ;-)

Thanks for the support, folks. :-)

Michael said...

No kidding...what's next? The other side of my lip? My nose? Perhaps a "Marilyn," or an eyebrow? Ear cartilage? That's actually one I don't really want...

Apparently, piercing is a hot topic. ;-) Perhaps you should get more??

Dying Dodo said...

JIf you have read any of the Wheel of Time series you go with Atha'an Miere look (you know the chain from nose ring to earring with medallions hanging from it). Though I guess that those were only worn by the higher ranking women. ;-)

Liz said...

Michael!! I lost your email address and it doesnt show up on your blog! Email it to me!!!!!

Mike said...

Well, I *could* do ink and metal, but ink is too permanent for a chameleon and metal (beyond possibly a boring earring) has never had any great attraction for myself (although I've seen some people use metal to amazing effect: true body art!)

Season, I missed that lecture, but I'm in favor of anyone taking responsibility for their own body, whatever they choose to do to (or with) it.

Michael, I'm sure you're plenty nerdy enough, even looking cool. Anyone interested in working in a library has several strikes in favor of nerd (at least according to the good ol' folk I grew up 'round here in the midwest!)