Monday, September 10, 2007

islam, best producer of granola bars?

Has anyone tried the absolutely delectable granola bars produced by the 2nd largest US non-franchise coffee chain Caribou Coffee? If you haven't, you might want to try them, seriously, they're amazing. I believe the flavors are Mocha, Vanilla Latte, and Mocha Mint. Vanilla Latte is my fav, closely followed by Mocha Mint. They have virtually no caffeine, similar to decaf coffee (which does actually contain a very small, if useless, amount of caffeine).

The funny bit? I just found a news article that said the Caribou Coffee company had a majority portion sold to the First Islamic Investment Bank in 2000. So, one of our favorite and "natural" American granola bar snacks is really funded and supported by Islam? Crazy shakes. Either way, the bars are damned yummy and I will continue to eat them. :-)

2 comments:

t.k.c said...

crazy shakes, tee hee. that made me giggle.

Mike said...

YES! Those things are my current favorite snack (although they'd be my favorite meal if they contained some Serious Caffeine...)