Sunday, April 29, 2007

i hate blonde valley girls

Are they even called valley girls anymore? Well, if not, you can understand the type of girl I am describing. I had a run-in tonight with one of my favorites. She is the most selfish and self-centered individual I have ever met. She truly believes that the rest of the world is there to provide for her convenience. Tonight she walks up to the ref desk, slams down her assignment, points to a numbered bullet and says "You need to find this for me" then proceeds to make a call on her cell phone while acting impatient. I sit calmly and wait for her to end her call, since I'll be darned if I do her work for her while she's on the phone. The least she can do is pay attention and possibly learn something. Then she tells me that she doesn't have all night and that I'm wasting her time. I responded that I am here to instruct, as well as assist and will be more than happy to teach her how to find what she needs. She then gives a half-laugh and responds "whatever, just get me my article, okay?" To which I respond "I'll be happy to show you how to find it." Then she gets a phone call, lets out a big sigh, then just walks away. I'm crossing my fingers that she won't come back...or that cell phones really do cause brain cancer...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that transcends Valley Girl behavior and goes straight to Bitch behavior. Not the most teachable of moments I guess . . .

Michael said...

I think you're on to something...I suppose it's girls like her that give Valley Girls a bad name. ;-) Well.. doubtful, but I'm optimistic.

Becky said...

I LOVE how you dealt with her!! I would pay a million dollars just to see her reaction to your comments!!!

LittlestPenguin said...

Heh, that sounds like the attitude I get in here all the bleedin' time. "This is my topic. Find stuff." Good grief, learn how to research for youselves, people!

Anonymous said...

Good words.