Thursday, April 26, 2007

observed, stranger things

Earlier today I took my dog, Gus, for a walk and saw a bit of a contradiction. There was a middle-aged woman running toward us on the sidewalk and she kept making weird hand motions. At first I thought she was trying to wave Gus and I off of the sidewalk. Once she got close enough so I could see what she was doing it became evident that she was smoking a cigarette. Yes, puffing away on a cigarette while running. iPod nano attached to her upper arm, spandex runner garb. She was in great shape...but smoking. I've never seen anyone do this.

Also related to smoking, I've seen a couple young university guys smoking while skateboarding. This is a bit easier to reconcile with, but still.

And lastly. Just a few minutes ago while I was sitting at the ref desk, bored out of my mind, I watched a guy walk up behind a girl working on a computer. This girl was working at a bank of computers that are elevated and have tall stools to sit on. So the guy walks up quietly and then proceeds to squeeze the girl's butt. Not once, but three times. She was startled at first, then realized it was him, and was back to her typing by second squeeze. Hmmm... inappropriate anyone?

1 comment:

Becky said...

you mean you don't squeeze arses at will??? geez, maybe i should reexamine my butt-squeezing quota....