Wednesday, February 21, 2007

clarity, having some

So I have realized, anew, how great it feels to just get things done. Lately I've been spending a lot of time whining about how much stuff I have to do (which is a considerable amount) but not really try so much to do anything about it.

The largest bane of my existence is the conference I'm working on planning. Last night I grabbed it by the horns and spent 2 hours just sending e-mails. Today I got to work and had over 50 related responses. I've since spent 3 hours replying and organizing and planning. I've gotten more done for this conference in the past 2 days than in the past 2 months. It feels really good.

Through this process over yesterday and today, a lot of things just clicked into place, mentally. I guess we sometimes need to remind ourselves to shut up and just get some shit done. Like eating our vegetables, we usually feel better about it once it's done. :-)

2 comments:

Dying Dodo said...

Eating vegetables? makes you feel good!?! What in the world kind of drugs are you on? The only thing that makes you feel good by eating it is CHOCOLATE!!!! That aside glad you were able to make some progress on your projucts.

Mike said...

Congrats on the burst of discipline and responsibility! They are truly admirable traits (which is why you'll never find me manifesting them ;-)