Monday, December 18, 2006

The semester is over

So I finally wrapped up my semester...a few days after everyone else did. I had completely forgotten to turn in one assignment for the last class, it never made it onto my calendar. Not the best of plans really. My professor was nice enough to send an e-mail, prodding me to get it done and turned in so I could potentially get an A- instead of a C+. It's done and now I have an A-. What a nice lady.

Gus is doing very well, we went for a walk last night at around 8 pm and ended up having to cut it a bit short from the ice. The path we normally go walking on has a lot of water runoff on it which in turn has frozen over. Too bad I didn't have ice skates, then I could just hold onto Gus's leash and zoom down the 2-mile path! Actually, he wasn't doing so hot on the ice either, he didn't seem to "get" that any vigorous activity resulted in him slipping and nearly falling. Sometimes I wonder about his intelligence... [photo of said path shown below...]

From Snow Day 2

Christmas is going to be here in a week. Can anyone believe it? I can't. I still have three gifts to buy before then and I'm still completely confused what to get. Any ideas? I need something for the mother, the father, and the sister. I think I'm going to get the sister a dvd box set, but as for the other two I'm clueless.

On Saturday night Kim and I went to Gresham for the "annual caroling party" which was pretty fun. We actually got some decent caroling in this year, though I have had *enough* of "Angels We Have Heard on High," the chorus is mildly mellismatic and timing is very very important. Apparently no one else realized these two things while singing it. It was fun though, this year there were boys other than myself which was a welcome change, and one of them could even part sing! Hurray!

In closing, there will be a few moments of silence for the hard drive of my desktop computer... it died this last Friday. [ ] <--- Silence. It just turned 2 years old last month, which means it is now beyond the Dell warranty. The other crappy part is the manufacturer (Maxtell) typically carries a 3-year warranty, but on OEM products, the warranty is only honored by the system manufacturer (Dell) who does not honor the standard warranty of 3 years, only their own 2 year warranty. Shitty? Yes. Oh well, it did give me a good excuse to order a new Western Digital 300 GB hard drive that is significantly faster. I got a super rebate on it, plus used Google Checkout for another $20 off and came in under $100, yay for me! Now we'll see if I can manage to get any old stuff off the dead hard drive...

3 comments:

Dying Dodo said...

Glad to hear that you were able to get that last assignment done and do well in the class. My deepest sypathies to your dead hard drive. Glad you were able to get a good deal on the new one. Have a great Christmas break!

Michael said...

Thanks so much, you have a good break too!!!

Mike said...

300 GB drive... I am so friggin' jealous! I replaced my dead drive last year with a 160 GB for $50. Your deal was much sweeter... Enjoy your break!