Thursday, November 30, 2006

Life updates

Gus
So I believe that Gus is fully recovered from his various "accidents" earlier this month. November was one hell of a ride for him and me both! I think he's gained back most of the weight he had lost when on his restricted diet. Just a few days ago we had a great time playing around in the snow.

Me
I am procrastinating way too much with my school work. I have a paper due on Monday and I haven't even brainstormed for it yet. Slacking slacking slacking. I've been doing a little better in keeping up with the reading, but I still don't have everything read (and probably won't) that I needed to for this semester. Oh well... maybe I'll catch up on it over the winter break.

Work is going decently. Most of my projects are finished, so I'm wasting away with very little to work on, so keep trying to find things to while away my time on. I know that I should be very thankful for this downtime, because when I am a real, live functioning academic librarian I will never be able to claim a lack of things to do. :-)

Random
Has anyone noticed the recent trend of females wearing boots with either shorts or skirts in our wintry months? I think I've seen more boots in the last 3 weeks than at any other point in my life. I have come up with some basic categories:

Boot
-Furry boot
-Fitted boot
-Slouch boot
-Tasseled boot
-Uggs

Lower body covering worn with boot
-Short shorts
-Short skirt
-Denim?
-Skort (those still exist?)
-Capri

Upper body covering worn with said boots
-University logo sweatshirt
-Other stupid sweatshirt
-Tanktop
-Camsiole
-Arctic-grade parka with rabbit trim
-Skater/snowboarder hoodie sweatshirt
-Thermal long-sleeve shirt

Optional accessories suitable for any above combination
-Schoolgirl socks
-Leg warmers
-Tights
-Opaque pantyhose (seriously..)
-Sweatpants (extra points for a "YUM!" emblazoned on the butt)

What are these young women thinking? They will take any one item from each category and mix at will. Where does it say this is alright? Can you imagine sweatpants tucked into black suede boots with stiletto heel and very furry upper trim, with a scandilously short denim skirt on top and a sparkly sequined camisole? Yes, I actually saw this! Why...why...why??

2 comments:

Dying Dodo said...

Sounds absolutly hideous but I guess it is no different than stuff I used to wear in my *much* younger days. Glad that Gus is feeling better. :-)

Mike said...

I think it's undeniable proof that Eris exists and She's gaining ground!