Thursday, November 02, 2006

So the trip to the dentist was fairly successful. The procedure went super quick and the dentist was very happy with it. The Bio-Oss stuff is basically a bunch of little bitty bone shards from Swiss cows that apparently have some very special legal rights. Who knew?

Yesterday I had a bit of a scare because the super glue stuff that they put on top of the sutures was lifting up, and taking the sutures with them. I had a bit of a panic moment and scheduled an impromptu appointment today and as it turns out everything is just fine. As usual, I overreacted, but with this sort of thing I felt it was better to be safe about it.

Now I have a 6-9 month wait before the bio-oss treatment has completely done its job and my jaw is normal, then I'll visit the oral surgeon to get a little titanium bracket installed and then wait another 3-6 months for that to settle in before my new implant tooth is ready to be installed. Quite a process, huh? :-)

Until next time...

No comments: