Friday, June 27, 2008

ALA Part 1

So I'm already a day late on my postings.

Yesterday (Thursday) was long but mostly uneventful.

6:40 am - My roommate Katie took me to the OSU Bookstore to catch the HUT shuttle to PDX.

9:30 am - The first blunder of the day is that I forgot my macbook power adapter at home. I think it's the only thing I left, though a pretty significant one. I immediately called my roommate Katie and asked if she'd be home for awhile. She said yes.

9:45 am - I hear back from a co-worker librarian, Laurie, she's catching an afternoon flight and will be home until 1 pm.

10:00 am - I call the roommate and arrange for her to drop the adapter at Laurie's house so she can bring it to Anaheim for me.

HURRAY!

I did a bunch of walking down until I spied Margaret and Sue then cyber-stalked them via text message and invited myself to dinner with them. Margaret bought me dinner which was supremely nice of her. I had an Ahi sandwich, 2 "double-barrel ale"'s, and 1 guinness. w00t!

Back to the hotel for some relaxing chat with the conference roomie Maureen and then sleepy-time.

The Hilton is doing construction, in a room adjacent to mine. Hammering at 8 am is not welcome. Ever.

No comments: