Thursday, October 09, 2008

newest employment skill: stripping

So I just got home from my day with the oral surgeon. Pretty sore, but good to go otherwise. Anyway, that's not the point of this posting.

Since I have nothing better to do, I'm online. I saw another job listed for Vanderbilt University so am in the process of applying for it using their online application system. There is a section of the application where you may choose applicable job skills from a long list. Not too many on the list apply to me, mostly just computer applications. However, I ran across one gem of a skill: stripping. screenshot of job skill stripper selected in listI'm really not exactly sure what they mean by this. My initial reaction was a giggle and then my sensible grown-up reaction went something like: "hmm, stripping paint and finishes I suppose? maybe even wax from floors?" but then I went a step further and thought "well, this is an affluent school, in the South, maybe they have gentleman's clubs on campus?" Can they use student employees? Are faculty allowed to go? There spews forth a slew of awkward but fascinating questions in this hypothetical situation. I'm pretty entertained by myself, but then, it could just be the schedule II narcotics (oxycodone) talking.

No comments: